PC can't show a display


   One day I saw a mysterious case happened in one PC. That PC was belong to a good friend of mine who was a young and energetic entrepreneur. On afternoon he came up with sad face heading to my workshop while I was in the middle of lunch time. He sad to me that when he wanted to turn on the PC he saw something weird with his PC. Usually it took not more than two minutes for his PC to boot up, but this time it seem more than a decade for his PC to boot up. The next day he tried to turn on his PC again then he found that his PC acted like a day before. On the following days he came up to my place and asked me to checked his PC, so here my diagnosis that I could share with you all.

Sign:

1. When the PC is turned on it need more than two minute and sometimes need more than half hour to boot up.
2. With the sound blaster still attached, when the PC is turned on the sound blaster can produce a welcoming sound (strength).
3. The Led light still flashing/still in standby position and can't produce a picture even just a blinking dot.

South bridge

How to solve this problem:

After reviewing some indication and problem finally I disassemble his pc and try to figure out what might cause that problem. Slowly I check all part inside his PC and all of them seem normal nothing wrong with it. Finally I try to check it's south bridge begin from it's position to it's current. After half hour examining this south bridge finally I come up with the solution. I found that it's south bridge misplace around half millimeter. Lastly I put it off, cleaning it and put it on it's place using my soldering tools. When everything is on it's place then I try to turn it on, guess what happen the His PC can boot up like it never been repaired before. 
Previous
Next Post »