Secondary drive missing

         As usual we always save our work on local drive without worrying about the safety of our files just because we have brand new laptop or brand new PC. Today one of my customer came to my workshop and showed me something strength with his laptop. It was brand new laptop for about a month old and seem worked fine to me. At first he told me that nothing wrong with his laptop after he transferred almost three hundreds gigabyte data from his old laptop to his brand new laptop. The problem arouse a week later after he tried to accessed a folder which contained multimedia files such graphics and also vector. When he tried to execute multimedia folder then his computer became unresponsive and suddenly freezing. After an hour waiting finally he tried to restart his laptop using it's power button. A few moment later he tried to power it on again and tried to access those folder again and the same problem happened again. This time he got bad luck that he regret the most, suddenly his laptop secondary partition has gone and disappear though he needed it very much. 
       He tried to restart his laptop again for the last time and hoping everything can back like it's normal state. What would happened next was he saw that his laptop secondary partition still missing. He came to me and told me his story about this problem, so I recommended to him to bring his laptop back to where he bought because it still had warranty period. He told me that he didn't want to bring it to where he bought it just because he didn't trust them. After had a few talk I tried to examine what happened with his computer drive, based on information he gave to me his computer has two partition with secondary partition as data chamber. I tried to use my special tools which always handy to help my work, after a few second checking the drive I found that the problem laid on the hard drive quality and it's firmware. So before it was too late I suggested to him to change his drive before it was too late.
Previous
Next Post »
New comments are not allowed.